Whether the goal of your organization is to change the world or simply get together for a hobby, you always want to represent, serve and promote the common interests of your membership as best you can. The question then is how effective are you at that job. Do you find yourself facing a familiar challenge such as:
1. Your organization is spending a lot of time in manual data input.
· You spend time detecting and deleting duplicate member records in your database.
· You manually perform member segmentation for event-related metrics like event participation frequency by physically collating multiple event signup sheets;
· You collect membership renewal fee on site at events, and manually update membership status later in the spreadsheet.
2. Your organization is experiencing problems with pre-event planning and communication, event payment reconciliation, or post-event tracking and follow-up.
· You are unable to seamlessly link event notification with event registration just by sending newsletters.
· You use mailed-in checks to collect payment and donations, and perform most of the processing manually.
· You solicit feedback from members but response cards and other methods don’t seem generate the response you need.
3. Your organization is having trouble in preparing and conducting effective email campaigns
· You send out emails and event fliers to your correspondents, but cannot track the delivery status, open rate, click through rate and bounce rate.
· You feel frustrated every time you have to prepare your newsletters from scratch and your emails do not have the desired professional look.
· You can’t send email to all your subscribers at one time due to the email limitations placed on your internet service provider.
If you are nodding your head and find yourself in the similar situation, it may be time for your organization to adopt a one-for-all management tool, a single application that can complete all the planning and organizing tasks, and save you time, effort, and money.
Here’s a checklist of features that you definitely need to consider and evaluate when choosing your options:
· Ability to create stylish and effective emails using professionally designed templates
· Email tracking to ensure delivery, confirm readership and gauge recipient reaction for each newsletter
· Sort and Search for emails and members to have the right information at the right time
· Professional event registration forms with a large selection of templates; registration link embedding into websites and newsletters
· Tiered registration fees based on registration date and membership level; collect payments automatically
· Scheduled reminders and updates to event registrants and attendees
· Comprehensive Activity Histories to track member interests and perform member list segmentations
· Intuitive search functions to find members in moments by sorting information fields; search members by events and relevant details
· Automatically gather new registrations and update registration status
· Invitations, registrations, payments, and actual event attendance tracking, all in one interface
· Your organizations’s own customizable and member portal, accessible from anywhere via the web.
· Online sharable storage you can upload your organization’s entire knowledge base to; Connect it to your Member Portal to build and share information with members based on different membership levels
Marketingship integrates all these features into its web-suite products- MailCraft, EventCraft and CommunityCraft, serving for email marketing, event planning and community management respectively.
“I noticed the difference in our event lifecycle right after our debut with Marketingship. People talk. They talk with smiles.” One of our user says. “…they told me how much they like our professionally designed newsletter. They find the content more informative because we attached a video of the guest speaker’s bio into the event homepage…the users enjoy the flexibility of managing their information on the member portal, the ease of renewing and upgrading membership by themselves, and the sense of engagement by having access to the membership directory.”
Check out this case from NCCBA.